About the Job
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oréal and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
As a member of the XPO Logistics sales team, you will put your sales skills to work every day to provide shipping and logistics solutions to customers in your protected sales territory. You will meet daily with customers at their facilities and be a true business partner to them. You will ask questions and solve challenges pertaining to their shipping and receiving needs. These businesses will look to you to provide the most cost effective solutions, maximizing time and money and doing so in a safe manner. You will be a customer service and sales champion as they will see you as a resource to ensure that their raw materials, components and finished products arrive and exit their facility in a timely, cost effective and damage free manner.
- Ability to utilize ICON/4D/SPIN Selling techniques at all sales calls that allows for exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Continual and increased knowledge of how to apply time to customer opportunity using 4D/ICON and SPIN Selling models along with SFDC.
- Planned communication with customers using email, phone and face-to-face contact depending on the time/opportunity relationship.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers using email, phone, face-to-face contact along with lunches and after-hours entertainment.
- Ability to develop relationships vertically and horizontally within a customer business.
- Maintain and grow share of wallet within existing customers, gain share of wallet from new customers and grow market share within your assigned territory.
- Achieve quotas, excel on the performance management report and maximize bonus payments.
- Negotiate contracts and pricing with customers based on the ICON model.
- Collaborate with driver sales representatives and customer service representatives to network with customers to increase territory and customer knowledge while growing market share.
- Collaborate with service center personnel to resolve customer issues.
- Facilitate the networking of service centers managers, supervisors, directors of sales and operations with our customers.
- Properly use SFDC and expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Two years of direct B2B sales experience in an organization that has sales training programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent skills and/or work experience.
- A working understanding of SPIN Selling or other needs based selling models is strongly recommended.
- Experience working with salesforce.com or another CRM is desired.
- Proven track record of sales success, and customer relations.
- Extremely competitive, professional and driven.
- High ability and desire to learn, change and improve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to ask questions, listen carefully and understand customer’s needs and opportunities.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns.
- Able to entertain customers in the evening/weekend once or twice per month or be at an evening/overnight meeting once or twice per year.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
XPO Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.