Accounting Payable Clerk (Full-time)
Baton Rouge, LA
- Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Days and times of work can vary
Under the direction of the Controller, the Accounting Payable Clerk is responsible for analyzing and processing payments in a timely manner, ensure proper approval authority, handle job cost and general ledger coding, and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Entering invoices for daily disbursement runs (ACH, Checks, etc.) into the accounting system
- Review and process employee reimbursements
- Resolve vendor and employee payment issues
- Maintain files and AP vendor information
- Review vendor statements ensuring that all payments and open payables are entered/completed in a timely manner
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- 2-5 years accounting experience is preferred
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with internal/external customers via telephone, email and in person
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Salary based upon experience
- DSLD Homes offers a benefits package for full-time employees that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) with employer match, short & long term disability, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays.
DSLD is an Equal Opportunity Employer