We are a bank that strives to be the premier financial partner to our customers in our market segment, and to assist our customers in reaching their financial goals and dreams. We have Integrity in everything we do. We have strategic, effective leadership that inspires everyone around us. We hire exceptional employees who are the most important asset to drive our success. We provide extraordinary service to our customers, both internally and externally.
We are celebrating our 55th anniversary in April of this year, as the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California to now a full-service bank covering nine states and having overseas presence in Asia.
We are CATHAY BANK - www.cathaybank.com
This position generally requires the Administrative Assistant to perform functions in support of the Chief Internal Auditor, the managers, and other staff in the Internal Audit Department under supervision and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
1. Perform daily administrative and clerical duties (e.g. generating system reports, scheduling meetings, coordinating meeting rooms, maintaining the shared drives, filing, etc.), assist and conduct research from various sources (Internet, Vision Content, etc.), coordinate department events, and order office supplies.
2. Assist audit management in the monthly preparation of Audit Committee and Board packages and presentation materials.
3. Maintain and update the Internal Audit Department’s IMS tracking system and run related reports.
4. Maintain and update the Internal Audit Department’s AMS Access database and run related reports.
5. Prepare, coordinate, and follow up on annual audit confirmations.
6. Assist managers and other auditor staff with gathering information, as assigned.
7. Maintain the audit library and archive and maintain audit files.
8. Perform monthly and quarterly certifications in compliance with operating procedures.
9. Assist audit staff and management in audit test work, collecting data, preparing Excel spreadsheets, work papers, presentation materials, as assigned.
• Education: Undergraduate Associates Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related majors preferred.
• Experience: 1+ year administrative/clerical or other work experience or internships.
• Skills/Ability: Strong written/grammar/spelling, verbal and telephone communication skills required. Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research required. Minimum typing 55 wpm, Proficiency in Microsoft Access and data management a plus. Ability and motivation to learn the audit process. Knowledge of bank products and services a plus. Ability to think “outside the box”, anticipate tasks, prioritize assignments and responsibilities, communicate solutions, work independently and well with others on all levels, demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness, and willingness to learn.