Seco Tools in the Flint / Bay City / Saginaw, MI area is looking for a
Application Engineer (Automotive Region Sales)
Are you passionate about developing new business and are interested in a Technical Sales career? Are you driven by a desire to meet challenges and help customers? If so, Seco Tools wants to speak with you!
At Seco Tools we develop and offer advanced products & solutions that makes metal cutting easier. We work together with our customers to identify and implement the best solutions for their needs. The corporate culture empowers employees thru the shared values: Passion for our customers, Family Spirit, Personal commitment. Seco Tools has presence in more than 50 countries and employs about 5000 people.
Key performance areas
The Application Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to Seco Tools sales force and authorized distributors by assisting in the proper selection and application of products at designated customer accounts. The required technical support includes, but is not restricted to, solving tooling problems, introducing and applying Seco products in customers’ plants, plant surveys and technical seminars for customers, distributors and field salesmen. The Application Engineer is also responsible for achieving all assigned budgeted and non-budgeted objectives in the territory.
He or she is further responsible for achieving all assigned budgeted and non-budgeted objectives.
Other duties include:
- Make planned calls on all assigned customer accounts and contact key personnel concerned with the purchase and application of Seco Tools Inc. products for the purpose of increasing sales and promoting goodwill.
- Grow share of Seco Tools business and generate incremental sales at targeted accounts through intensified and focused sales effort.
- Expand account base and grow sales through personal involvement and by managing his or her distributor resource to accomplish this objective. Also, contact assigned distributors to promote and encourage the sale of Seco products by training distributor personnel on product features and benefits and on application information. Conduct joint planning sessions with distributor management and monitor progress on a regular basis.
- Conduct product/application presentations which will include the preparation of talks, visual aids, product demonstrations, problem discussions and specific plans to assist customers in improving their productivity through the purchase of our products.
- Operate within assigned expense budget parameters. This includes demo material, travel and living, entertainment and automobile expense.
- Field test new or redesigned products while evaluating results and preparing detailed reports.
- Make recommendations regarding new or existing products which will better meet customers’ needs and/or offset competitive products.
- Technical problem solving, including solving tooling and carbide application problems as necessary.
- Keep fully informed of competitors' activities and recommends to the Manager-Region Sales any actions to meet such activity.
This is a field based position, location flexible within the assigned territory.
You possess 3-5 years of CNC set up and programming experience, and 3-5 years' of experience in machining and/or application of metal working products/cutting tool industry is desirable. A degree in Engineering/Machine Trade would be a plus. You are familiar with CAD/CAM programming and proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
You keep up to date to on the latest technology trends in the industry, and are highly innovative. You are an analytical thinker, with strong problem solving skills, and a continuous desire to learn and grow in your field. Your strong communication and interpersonal skills enable you to build relationships with ease and you are dedicated to providing solutions to customers. You are determined and competitive, ready to take the initiative and comfortable working from a home office with limited supervision.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance plus Life and LTD/STD insurance, a 401K savings plan, and education reimbursement. This role will also include a company car, computer, and iPad.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.secotools.com to apply to the Application Engineer position, Job Opening #355311