About the Job
Kearney & Company is seeking an Audit Supervisor to join our Alexandria, VA team. This position will be performing at the Manager level. The Audit Supervisor will help develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction, demonstrate proficiency with accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations. This position requires a mastery of process documentation, risk assessment, data analysis, and writing skills. Additional skills and responsibilities are defined below:Required Skills:
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DOD) policies, systems, and procedures for property, plant & equipment and operating materials and supplies.
- Develop testing templates and test procedures.
- Review and consolidate results.
- Prepare audit documentation in accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
- Perform data analysis.
- Knowledge of pertinent Office of Management and Budget (OMB) policies, DoD regulations, and federal financial audit standards and requirements.
- Supervise and review work performed by other staff.
- Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and upper management.
- Review draft deliverables prepared by engagement teams and present final results to management.
- Support other audit areas as needed.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or Business Administration with a major in Accounting
- At least 4 years of federal accounting and auditing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CPA preferred
- Ability to obtain a Security clearance (US citizenship is required)
- Active Interim Secret required
Kearney & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, regarding accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the jobapplication or interview process due to a disability, please call 703-236-2391 or email Please be advised that this contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of an application.