Lisle, Illinois - Added 2017-06-22
Automation Project Engineer
Finding great people is difficult. But it’s what we do best. We form trusted partnerships with our clients and provide excellent opportunities for candidates, guaranteeing satisfaction for both. Our goal is to treat you as a real person, not just ‘human capital.’ While our product is our people, we aren’t successful if you aren’t successful.
In this role, you can expect to have some of these responsibilities:
- Lead the machine development process and guide the activities of tooling design engineers
- Oversee machine development lifecycle including quoting, mechanical design, and delivery schedule.
- Design new connector and cable manufacturing machinery utilizing the Siemens NX CAD software and assist in developing and executing the machine qualification plan.
- Provide assembly feasibility (Design for Manufacturability) and equipment cost estimates to the new product development team and work with engineering department to determine design completion dates.
- Provide technical support for the launch of equipment. Responsibilities include traveling to mass production facilities for machine install and qualification, training of technicians and operators to ensure the proper and safe operation of equipment, and developing new or altered tooling strategies.
- Compile information and assemble materials as necessary to complete reports, presentations, expense accounts, and correspondence, and disseminate the information as appropriate.
Now that you know what you will be doing, here’s what you need to do it:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ automation or fixture design experience
- 3+ years’ Project Management experience
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering w/ PMP Project Management certification.
- 3+ years’ experience using Siemens NX or comparable 3D CAD package
- 3+ years’ experience with high speed synchronous, asynchronous, flexible (robotics) assembly systems.
- 2+ years’ experience using Machine Building techniques
- 1+ years’ experience high speed gigabit connectors, cable assemblies or automotive assemblies design.
- Expertise in the design and documentation of machine assemblies in CAD.
- Understanding of GD&T and knowledge of where to perform tolerance analysis and finite element analysis.
- Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to work effectively with various global cultures.
- Ability to read and interpret tool detail, assembly, electrical, and pneumatic drawings
- Availability to travel internationally up to 20% annually.
We work with some amazing companies. Still not sure if this opportunity is right for you? Here are a few more reasons our clients trust us:
Quick response to staffing needs.
We get it, time is money. Our clients trust us with part of their people operations to help them staff properly and efficiently.
A full understanding of the requirements for each position.
By listening to what drives our clients’ decision-making process, following a disciplined process of identifying top-quality candidates, and understanding core objectives and position requirements, we’re able to achieve great results.
Focused on customer satisfaction.
We boast a 99% customer satisfaction rating and that’s one of the many reasons why we rarely lose. But our customer in the talent acquisition process is more than the client – it’s you! We strive for you to have the best possible candidate experience.
An opportunity awaits you working with one of our awesome clients. It’s all up to you now, just apply!
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave