About the Job
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Taking it to another level connecting our customers to the Power of the Digital World! Are you willing to learn new technologies, provide friendly and knowledgeable solutions to our customers? Join our team as a Technician providing excellence in servicing the customer, selling our products and integrated communications services. What are the advantages to joining our dynamic technical team? Here are just a few - paid training, tuition assistance available, tools, test equipment and a company vehicle you will need to perform your job as well as you will have rapid progressive earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- Serve our customers by installing quality products and services, resolving repair issues and maintenance of High Speed Internet, Video, Telephone and cable.
- Make decisions to complete first time resolution regarding the type of repair required at the customer premise. This includes determining whether to repair or replace equipment as needed by inspecting subscriber premises to decide on the appropriate method of installation.
- Proficient with operation of vehicles, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, volt meters, converters and test equipment to maximize business needs.
- Completes required paperwork including installation checklist, time-sheets, service orders, vehicle inspection report, various logs, noting or problems requiring attention of other staff members
- Required to meet Monthly productivity standards.
- Maintains a clean and organized company vehicle/ equipment. Carry out all work in the safest possible manner. Provides the best solutions to our customers, educating the subscriber regarding how to optimize using their equipment and services along with how to access assistance if needed.
- Offer suggestions with our customers regarding the exceptional products and services available to our customers to get the most for their communication needs.
- Assists other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Willingness and the ability to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED and or experience in any other field related to Telecommunications.
- At least six (6) months within the last 5 years installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing residential/small business broadband products such as; High Speed Internet, Digital Subscriber Lines, Fiber to Premise, IPTV, and/or High Definition services, Home Theatre Installations, Cable TV installations, Sound/Audio installs or Closed Circuit installs.
- Ability to operate computer and test equipment related to position (e.g. Ohm meters, signal meters, and software applications.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously, with a positive and resilient attitude.
- Technical knowledge and abilities to review work orders and complete required forms accurately using laptops, Smartphone and various software applications.
- Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication skills resulting in an excellent experience for our customers.
- Must participate in classroom training and successfully complete field training within training period.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet CenturyLink’s driving criteria guidelines.
- Pre-employment screening/ testing and pass background and drug screening.
- Work in all types of weather including but not limited to extreme cold and heat.
- Must be able to lift weight up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry and meet ladder safety requirements with heights up to and including 28 ft extension ladders.
- Must be able to work at varying heights via a ladder or bucket truck.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces on the customer premises. Including bending, standing for long periods of time, sit, crawl, climb, and lift throughout each day.
Selected candidate is required to remain in the position for a minimum of 30 months (Time in Title) and at the location for 18 months (Time in Location). Employee will be held accountable for customer communication and interaction as well as quality and productivity standards.
Attendance, conduct, and performance records will be considered in the selection process. The selection process for this position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement. Selection is dependent on completion and passage of all applicable employment testing and interview.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Wheat Ridge
Requisition #: 145230
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.