About the Job
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in a Behavioral Health area preferred, marketing, business administration or related field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a valid state issued driver's license.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop new accounts and markets in the employer EAP, Primary Care Physicians/Licensed Practitioners and managed care segments, and as directed by the Director of Business Development.
2. Develop a designated number of qualified business development contacts per week, which will achieve the overall business development goals and objectives.
3. Develop account management list to maintain current account information, and update as required.
4. Contact all primary accounts through personal visits, telephone calls and letters/mailers on an ongoing basis, developing and encouraging a relationship of trust with all active accounts.
5. Monitor referrals and admissions, and plan an appropriate strategy to maximize referral potential.
6. Maintains current awareness of changes in the industry through self-education, peer education, and professional and community involvement for the betterment of this position and this facility.
7. Maintain a competition update file or log and contributes to the ongoing SWOT analysis.
8. Participate actively on the business development team to increase productivity and reduce duplication of efforts (i.e. setting up joint calls with the CEO and other business development staff, overall participation in the marketing effort).
9. Promote the team concept within the facility.
10. Participate in the evaluation and analysis of facility statistics and provide recommendations to overall business planning strategies as appropriate.
11. Participate in the continuous analysis of the changing health care environment and health care market.
12. Participate with internal facility marketing such as the possible creation of an internal facility newsletter, employee communications, special event communications, etc..
13. Attend scheduled department meetings to provide the Director with timely reports on month-end reviews, client servicing schedules, customer sales forms, and other reporting requirements..
14. Attend in-house planning and development committee meetings, as requested.
15. Adheres to facility’s department, corporate, personnel and standard policies and procedures.
16. Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development activities as scheduled.
17. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
18. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
19. Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.