Brooks Life Science Systems (BLSS) is a fast-growing business and we are looking for professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of our growth strategy. At BioStorage a business segment of BLSS, our expertise is in the management of the complete sample storage lifecycle, from sample planning, collection, transportation, processing, protection and retrieval to disposal. Within our global biorepositories, a sample may be labeled with a barcode, but it will never be regarded as merely a number. Our bioservices focus is to help customers manage, protect and leverage the value of every sample, regardless of its type, size, shape or purpose.
We have opportunities for energetic, self-reliant individuals who can translate innovative solutions into sales. Ideal candidates will have a successful track record in territory development and demonstrated sales results. You will have the benefit of working with and learning from a team of individuals with in-depth product and service knowledge and expertise. This position is an ideal opportunity for individuals who demonstrate the ability to effectively manage work independently and have the ability to travel (up to 50%).
Key focus areas of this role include:
Business Development Managers (BDM) will be responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic and tactical sales plan for the assigned territory. Functions include but are not limited to:
- Sale of the services and products of the company through a variety of sales methods including but not limited to telesales, face to face meeting and trade shows
- Build the brand of the company
- Manage the creation and follow up of sales proposals
- Provide on-going support and service to existing clients and act as a liaison between the client and BioStorage
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs and pricing
- Manage and maintain a customer lead database
- To attend internal and external training in cases where it may benefit the BDM to have increased knowledge e.g. ultra low freezer sales training
- Provide regular written reports to sales leadership regarding activities as they relate to sales
- Functions may include management, hiring and training of additional regional sales staff
Qualified candidates will have at least a 4-year undergraduate degree and 5 years of sales experience, preferably in the life science market. Experience with and knowledge of the sample storage market is desirable.
We are building a high performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a hunter mentality to join our global sales teams. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have openings in the greater Seattle/Canada area.