Seco Tools, in Troy, MI is looking for a
CTO Operations Engineer
Want to start a career at a leading global maker of cutting tools? If you are ready to take the first step in your career designing cutting tools and have experience in a machine shop environment, Seco Tools wants to speak with you about an opportunity!
At Seco Tools we develop and offer advanced products & solutions that makes metal cutting easier. We work together with our customers to identify and implement the best solutions for their needs. The corporate culture empowers employees thru the shared values: Passion for our customers, Family Spirit, Personal commitment. Seco Tools has presence in more than 50 countries and employs about 5000 people.
Key performance areas
Process custom tooling quotes, orders, purchasing and Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) to achieve customer quality and delivery requirements. Creation of custom tooling order documentation for manufacturing source.
Additionally, the CTO Operations Engineer will:
- Enter and maintain records of quotes, orders, ECN’s etc in departmental databases.
- Perform order entry duties such as price verification, EDP number and P code assignment.
- Register and maintain special tooling in the Global Product Database (Enovia).
- Coordinate the data required for engineering, manufacturing and purchasing activities related to assigned projects to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are met.
- Quoting required to support CTO products.
- Purchasing required supporting CTO products.
- Obtain drawings and drawing approval for subsidiary manufactured products while ensuring timely receipt of approval drawings.
- Create order documentation required by manufacturing source and maintain necessary departmental records.
- Maintain communications with group subsidiaries, internal departments, distribution and end-users to obtain all information relative to processing custom tooling quotes and orders.
- Maintain good communication with departmental management on the status of all work in process.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineer’s with any requirements necessary in the execution of custom tooling orders.
- Continuously work to improve all processes necessary in the execution of custom tooling orders
- Produce and maintain reports along with statistical information as required.
- Maintain stationary and other supplies required by the department within the assigned budget.
- Maintain conformity to management System procedures
- Train other members of the department in the requirements of this position when necessary.
- Perform any function within the Custom Tooling Organization necessary for the execution of the company operations.
In addition to holding a college degree or equivalent experience, the CTO Operations Engineer must possess excellent knowledge of machine shop practices and experience in a machine shop environment, with a strong mechanical aptitude and blueprint reading skills. Unigraphics and AutoCad experience is highly preferred, as is experience in cutting tool design and detailing.
Your organizational skills are top-notch, and you are able to handle multiple priorities concurrently in a fast-paced, environment. You easily adapt to variable situations, and are an outgoing team player who works well with others. You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and are familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, Access, Windows, Excel etc. Bilingual in Spanish, French would be a preferred.
Mandatory training requirements:
- ISO 9001 Overview
- ISO 14000 Overview
- Safety Orientation
- Hazard Communication
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance plus Life and LTD/STD insurance, a 401K savings plan, and education reimbursement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.secotools.com to apply to the CTO Operations Engineer position, Job Opening #355921
Seco Tools, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.