About the Job
Job Description – Case Managing Paralegal
Dean Omar Branham, LLP is looking for a Case Managing Paralegal. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic and possess at least 5 years of experience working as a paralegal for plaintiffs’ product liability or personal injury practice. Specific experience with asbestos docket a plus.
The Case Managing Paralegal is responsible for working with case manager attorneys to assist them with their docket of cases.
· Assists in drafting legal documents including, but not limited to, pleadings, motions, discovery requests and responses, and correspondence to opposing counsel and to the court.
· Obtains, reviews, organizes and analyzes medical records and pathology reports.
· Conducts computerized medical, scientific, and technical literature research. Analyzes materials and prepares synopsis.
· Maintains litigation docket and calendar, noting deadline dates for responsive pleadings/motions, court appearances, and other important deadlines.
· Assists attorneys in preparation for meetings, hearings, depositions and trials.
· Prepares witness and matter materials for trial preparation.
· Maintains, organizes, and tracks case files.
· Interacts with clients, respond to client inquires, keep client updated on progress of case.
· Maintains confidentiality of client information in accordance with firm policies.
· Files court documents.
· Trains new paralegals and attorneys to learn asbestos products, jobsites, etc.
· Develops database of defendants, settlements, job-sites, and co-workers to assist attorneys with new clients.
· Assists with drafting and effecting client, co-worker, and expert affidavits.
· Assists attorneys with locating case files and documents.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or two or more years of technical training
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a paralegal
- Relevant industry certification
- Experience working with mesothelioma docket
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment