About the Job
Imler’s Poultry is looking for Class A & Class B CDL Drivers that are team players and able provide the best service to our customers. Our crew of drivers pride themselves as ambassadors of Imler’s Poultry to the many businesses that we serve. The position is full-time, same day deliveries with early start times.
Apply online at http://www.imlerspoultry.com/employment/truckdriver.html
About Imler’s Poultry
At Imler’s Poultry, people come first – our employees, our customers, and the families we serve across Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, West Virginia and Maryland. Imler’s Poultry is a family-owned and -operated company, founded in 1903. It is actively managed by 4th, 5th, and 6th generations; who are continuing the family commitments and traditions that the Imler’s company was founded upon. Imler’s specializes in the distribution of poultry and quality food/ food-related products. The cornerstone of our business is providing the freshest possible products to our customers.
In 1985, Imler’s Poultry began operating our own trucks so that we would create a delivery schedule we could trust and depend upon. It has been in business for over 30 years; operating clean, modern and well maintained vehicles. The transportation division has openings for two types of drivers; the Local Route (Delivery) drivers and the Long Haul (OTR) drivers. At Imler’s Poultry, we are not just looking for workers; we want our employees to become a part of the Imler’s family and enjoy a long-lasting and prosperous career.
Job Description – Route (Delivery) Driver
Responsible for the timely delivery of products to pre-determined customers on a specific route. Route drivers are required to unload truck with hand cart, and interact with all Imler’s Poultry customers in a professional manner. They need to maintain effective communication with the main office regarding customer problems and requests. Route (Delivery) Drivers do not have overnight runs. They will collect money from customers and handle customer returns. All Imler’s tractor/trailer equipment is 2013 or newer and equipped with satellite radio. Route Drivers are paid an hourly rate plus daily/monthly and quarterly bonuses. Earning potential starts at approximately $39,000-47,000/year for Class B* and approximately $43,000-55,000/year for Class A.*
• CDL Class A or B
• Candidate must be at least 21 years of age.
• High School Diploma/GED preferred
• Valid Medical Card
• Good Safety Record
• Proven Customer Service Skills
• Must work one Saturday/month
• Must pass road test
• Must pass Background Check
• Must pass DOT physical/Drug Screen
• Voucher Boot Purchase
• Vacation/Personal Time
• 401K with Company Match
• Paid Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Employee Discount at Imler’s Outlet Store
• Bonus for Driver Referral
• Birthday Gift from Company
• Direct Deposit of Pay Checks
• Satellite Radio-All Vehicles
• Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
• Blue Tooth Device for Cell Phones
• Uniform Rental
• Paid DOT Physical (Annual/Bi-Annual)
• Holiday Party/Company Picnic
• Physical strength and stamina to lift, move, carry 50# of product throughout the workday
• Enjoy interacting with wide range of personalities among vendors, customers, and staff
• Able to accommodate irregular shifts – early and/or late, weekends, changing with seasons and company growth.