Come join Cathay Bank and be a part of a successful organization that values Integrity, Strategic and Effective Leadership, Exceptional Employees, and Extraordinary Services to Customers. Our employees play an integral part of our missions to be a bank with an open door and the premier financial partner to our customers and assist them in reaching their financial goals and dreams!
In 1962, Cathay Bank opened for business with the mission of providing financial services to the growing but underserved Chinese-American community in the greater Los Angeles area, thus becoming the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California. Recognizing that the community it served was part of a more diverse one, Cathay Bank adopted the motto "An Open Door for All." Its rapid expansion was fueled by successive waves of immigration, burgeoning trade between America and Asia, and the economic development of the surrounding community.
Today, Cathay Bank is a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company with over $11.5 billion in assets as of December 31, 2014. Its service network extends from California and Washington on the West Coast to Nevada, Texas, and Illinois, and New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Massachusetts on the Eastern Seaboard. Overseas, it has a presence in the three important commercial centers in the Asian-Pacific Rim - Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai.
Answers and directs incoming telephone calls related to account services, online banking, mobile banking and telephone banking. Responsible for telephone banking and online banking implementation, maintenance and transaction processing.
- Operate telephone system to answer and direct incoming telephone calls in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Identify callers’ needs and respond by giving general, routine information; transfer the call to the appropriate area, department or individual within the Bank as deemed necessary. Provide quality service and prompt response to all callers.
- Stay informed and current about service/product promotion in order to answer any inquiry resulting from the Bank’s advertisement.
- Stay informed about any business emergency situation, e.g. power outage, natural disaster in order to answer the inquiry.
- Ensure customer’s inquiries and/or complaints are responded to promptly and courteously. Follow the established procedure to report or escalate customer complaints to the appropriate area if necessary.
- Process online banking applications and related services set up, and provide customer service support for online banking customers.
- Provide customer service support for telephone banking customers and service set up.
- Process mobile deposits including files validation.
- Respond to email inquiries promptly and courteously.
- Maintain appropriate Call Center records and logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years of customer services experience. Previous banking/online banking experience preferable.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual English/ Mandarin and/or Cantonese preferred.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- PC proficiency including Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task and handle different systems.
- Work schedule may include non-standard hours.