About the Job
Job ID: 115596
Hallett Materials, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was established in 1918. Hallett Materials produces quality aggregates with a firm belief in customer service. The materials produced by Hallett Materials are used in the construction of new highways, bridges and buildings as well as landscaping and maintenance projects.
Commercial Loader/Scale Operator
Oldcastle Materials Group/Central Division
The Commercial Loader/Scale Operator person is primarily responsible for providing safe and efficient loading of customer trucks anf trailers This person will be performing general labor duties, as well as, heavy equipement loader duties as needed. This person is responsible for collecting established fees for cash sales, providing information and directing customers in a professional and courteous manner.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safety Minded in all aspects of work activities.
- Operate a truck scale indicator and weigh trucks accurately.
- Help perform daily safety checks of all equipment and site operations.
- Assist in Continuous Site Improvement through use of performance standards.
- Perform data entry tasks and generate sales tickets with speed and accuracy.
- Download and send all generated tickets, production, inventory adjustments, and cash sales to office in a timely manner.
- Generate daily and monthly transaction reports and balancing the stockpile inventory.
- Must be able to accurately make change for cash sale customers and accurately maintain the petty cash assigned to the location, reconciling it daily.
- Honest and ethical to all staffing, co-workers and customers.
- Daily Communication with Plant Supervisor, Weighmaster, and Customers. (Good People Skills)
- A willingness to learn and also teach others proper job skills in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mechanically Inclined: Beneficial to understanding the daily operations of Aggregates Production.
- Equipment preventive maintenance on all equipment operated.
- Perform general labor and preventinve maintenance tasks as needed.
- Heavy Equipment Loader skill needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Prior experience in the Heavy Construction industry or Aggregates Production Industry helpful.
- Some computer skills preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to be flexible and work varied hours including mornings, evenings, holidays and or weekends as needed.
- Use the scales according to applicable laws, rules and company policy.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all entries on scale tickets.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and execute oral and written directions.
- Must be able to use basic business ethics, data review and reconciliation techniques.
- Be able to use basic arithmetic, a calculator and knowledge of cash handling procedures.
- Experience with electrical systems or PLC’s is helpful.
- Run portable and perform needed maintenance on screening equipment as forecasted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Work at elevated heights if needed.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects, up to 10 lbs.. of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Hallett Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Hallett Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.