|Title||Community Care Specialist Per Diem|
“All kids need is a little help, a little hope, and somebody who believes in them”
Come join a team that impacts youth and families by offering a service environment of advocacy and love.
This position is responsible for working with foster and biological families on a one-to-one basis through recreational, educational, cultural and social activities. The goal of the position includes assisting other treatment professionals and the team with supervising, counseling, teaching and supporting children, families, and foster families as needed.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree preferred
• 1 year of experience working with youth and families preferred; experience working in a not for profit organization is a plus
• Ability to provide individual and supportive services to youth and families
• Ability to function as an advocate on behalf of youth; experience with developing relationships with schools, community partners, counties and agencies to facilitate linkages to resources
• Ability to form engaging and therapeutic relationships with children and families
• Ability to work with an culturally and economically diverse population; must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• Demonstrated communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
• A clean, valid driver’s license is required
• MS office Skills required