Peoples Natural Gas is the largest natural gas distribution company in Pennsylvania.
Peoples Natural Gas is owned by SteelRiver Infrastructure Partners, with assets in the energy, utility and other infrastructure related businesses across North America. Peoples Natural Gas was acquired by SteelRiver in February, 2010. In May, 2011, SteelRiver acquired T.W. Phillips, (now Peoples TWP) and in December 2013, Peoples Natural Gas acquired Equitable Gas Company.
Peoples Natural Gas and Peoples TWP have been providing Western Pennsylvania with clean, safe and reliable natural gas for 130+ years and have a combined workforce of almost 1,300 employees. Both companies have been committed partners and leaders in the natural gas industry, currently providing reliable energy to more than 700,000 customers. Our vision is to help Western Pennsylvania move forward by serving our customers well, creating jobs and supporting economic development in the region.
We offer excellent compensation for our employees. Our staff members are rewarded with a competitive salary, annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Health benefits are comprised of medical, dental, and vision coverage including the option for family coverage. In addition, employees are compensated with vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, life insurance, LTD insurance, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Peoples is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons, regardless of the applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
We strongly encourage applications from qualified veterans, minorities, females and individuals with disabilities. If qualified, we will recognize your potential and will work with you build upon your transferable knowledge, skills and commitment.
Develops and maintains master construction project schedules for use in the execution of pipeline construction projects. Monitors project progress providing feedback regarding schedule changes related to logistical constraints and develops mitigation strategies.
- Develop and maintain schedules and integrated master schedules.
- Integrate multiple project plans to a summary program portfolio plan.
- Identify and resolve resource and schedule conflicts and constraints among multiple projects.
- Monitor project progress and provide weekly status updates.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes; identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team, track changes that affect the schedule.
- Prepare presentation packages including scheduling and analysis graphics.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally with Project Managers; team leaders; subcontractors, financial and closeout team members.
- Ability to support multiple projects and tasks at once.
- High School Diploma or equilivant with relevant work experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to understand construction logic and sequencing.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other Microsoft office suite programs.
- Multi-tasking ability to prioritize, organize, schedule work.
Preferred Requirements / Qualifications
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related Technical field or equivalent work, military experience or technical training preferably in the gas distribution or construction industry.
- Experience producing and managing a resource/cost loaded schedule for the life cycle of a project from concept to engineering/design; to production and acceptance.
- Experience with Primavera P6, MS Project, or other scheduling software.
- Experience in Enterprise Management Software and Resource Management Software including SAP and MRS.
- Have an understanding of policies; methods; and procedures that include advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques; Earned Value Management; Risk Analysis; Risk Management; and support of project objectives.
- Professional certification in AACE, CMAA or PMI a plus.
- Strong team player with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Ability to interface with diverse personalities.
- Fosters a spirit of enthusiasm, client focus, team building, and continuous improvement with the group.
- Operates with a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks.
- Limited travel to the various project or office locations within Pittsburgh and surrounding areas may be expected in this role.