We partner with our clients across key industries and take accountability to address business problems and drive outcomes across improved operations flexibility, reduced total cost of ownership, enhanced customer experience, compliance with regulatory requirements and lower risk.
Cognizant Consulting is seeking a world-class Consulting Director to drive continued successful growth in our Global Digital Operations Practice. As a leader in one of Cognizant’s most strategically important and fastest-growing practices, this individual will provide inspiring leadership on multiple dimensions – digital strategy, senior client leadership, thought leadership, and collaborative leadership within the Practice, industry verticals, and throughout Cognizant Global Digital Operations Practice.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in Digital Operations Business Process Services with particular knowledge of the Banking and Financial Services industry. The successful candidate will be recognized for his or her ability to develop major client relationships through professional networking, client successes, and domain expertise in enterprise business process transformation. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated a commitment to helping to build a practice and proven success in developing and leading high performing teams.
Role and Responsibilities
A Digital Operations Consulting Director enables clients to future proof their operations and help them become leaders in customer experience and cost. S/he has an established “platform” that is known in the internal and external marketplace, as well as builds and maintains trusted advisor relationships with our internal team and external clients.
- Proactively influence the clients’ agenda in ways that reframe problems and surface new opportunities that co-create value
- In conjunction with client partners and Digital Operations leadership, design and lead relationship management strategies that increase penetration and strengthen pipeline
- Scope engagements to drive value for clients and profitable growth for the firm over the short and long term
- Participate in establishing strategic direction across engagements/accounts
- Participate in setting risk tolerances and protocols for the teams to manage/mitigate risks and know when to escalate; “jumps in” when needed
- Participate in holding the team accountable for successful execution of a portfolio of complex, concurrent engagements
- Participate in ensuring the best talent, tools, and methodologies from across the firm are actively engaged and utilized
- Lead teams to actively contribute to Cognizant mindshare—articles, thought pieces, etc.; helps Senior Managers and below to develop their eminence
- Drive consulting market share around her/his “platform”; pulls others in proactively to bring “One Cognizant” to pursuits
- Revenue, utilization and margin management
- Participate in driving creation of new offerings related to her/his platform and develops repeatable assets for future use
- Participate in leading Business Unit’s vision and offerings by working with clients to re-imagine their business from the outside-in
- Participate in driving revenue by scoping, structuring, and leading engagements for the Business Unit
- Participate in publishing thought leadership across multiple channels, e.g. Cognizant white papers, company intranet, articles in business and Industry or Horizontal–specific publications, speaking engagements, social media (Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, etc).
- Build advisory relationships with existing and potential clients; convert relationships with client team into long-term consulting relationships that extend across multiple assignments over time.
- Participate in leverage disciplined approach to developing new business development activities and compelling pursuit strategies in support of aggressive growth plans.
- Help recruit, develop, and retain other consulting professionals – both new hires and existing Cognizant business consultants - to support the firm’s ambitious growth targets for the Practice.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
- The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 12 years of combined industry and management consulting experience, and a proven track record of success in consulting, advising leading companies on a diverse set of strategic and digital operational issues
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a leadership role.
- Significant experience consulting to the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Strategy & process consulting; experience with large, complex strategy & transformation programs that deliver demonstrative business value, data driven insight, improved operational efficiencies, and new forms of user experiences and engagement.
- Experience in developing, pursuing, selling and delivering digital operations consulting engagements - serving as a trusted advisor and interface with client teams
- Demonstrated commitment to helping build a practice and proven success in growing and developing a successful consulting team
- Written and verbal communication skills, team leadership and deal-making experience
- Track record in building out best-in-class service offerings within the realities of the organization that includes a fully-fledged strategy, transformation framework and actionable roadmap
- Understanding of digital operations, business processes and proven experience crafting solutions to address various industry specific processes
- Excellent knowledge of delivery and process improvement methodologies
- A positive, results oriented style, evidenced by listening, motivating, delegating, influencing, and monitoring the work being done to develop the next generations of leaders
- An engaging/open interpersonal style
- Ability to travel as required by the nature of the role and responsibilities
- MBA or Master’s degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degree required
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment.