About the Job
We have an available position for a senior level associate to join the growing Corporate team in London.
Reed Smith's Europe & Middle East Corporate Group is comprised of lawyers who are leaders in their local jurisdictions and their discipline, operating with global perspectives. Regardless of whether our clients' matters have solely local or multi-jurisdictional implications, we practice as "one firm" delivering consistently high quality seamless execution of services across our 28 offices. We are driven by strong client relationships, and we understand the critical importance of learning our client's business and its unique culture enabling us to deliver pragmatic, high value business results.
As a result of its strong global base, the team act on significant domestic and cross-border deals. Clients have confirmed the London Corporate team are "Very professional and willing to provide practical advice." (Chambers and Partners).
The EME Corporate group is headed up by Peter Teare who has been selected for the “BTI Client Services All-Star Team for Law Firms” in four separate years. This award is based upon unprompted nominations for outstanding client service compiled from interviews among corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 companies by BTI Consulting Group.
The ‘flexible' and ‘responsive' Corporate team at Reed Smith LLP handles a mix of domestic and cross-border work – Notable transactions in 2017 & 2016 include:
- Advising Endless LLP on its acquisition of Capita Resourcing
- Advising Harris Corporation on the $425m sale of its CapRock business
- Advising ITV on its acquisition of World Productions Limited
- Advising Xafinity on its successful £190.3 million IPO on the premium listing segment of the main market of the London Stock Exchange
- Advising iManage on its acquisition of RAVN Systems
- Advising Sony on its acquisition of the world-famous Ministry of Sound music catalogue
- Advising Avis Budget Group on its acquisition of France Cars
- Advising Microsoft on its acquisition of TouchType
Other significant clients include, Channel 4, Curtiss-Wright, and World Fuel Services.
The successful candidates will be involved with complex and high profile work within a team that is known for being supportive and collegiate. They have a particular strength in the media and technology, financial services, real estate, energy and natural resources sectors. Experience in these areas is desirable but by no means essential.
This role would suit associates who are seeking long term career prospects, increased responsibility and the opportunity to work closely with partners and clients, on a day to day basis. Previous significant experience in private M&A is required and wider experience of public M&A, ECM, corporate finance and private equity work would be beneficial.
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 28 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm’s commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development.
- A senior level lawyer with experience in Corporate M&A (and preferably ECM and Private Equity) from a well-regarded City Firm
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing with a view to handling networking and client contact from the outset
- Commitment to excellent client service
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please click on the “Apply Now” button to submit your details and we will be in touch.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.