About the Job
· Picks up and delivers mail, specimens, supplies, reports, and deposits, etc. following established schedules and guidelines.
· Responds to ad hoc requests from department staff for additional stops.
· Handles materials appropriately in accordance with Organizational policies and all applicable with Organization policies and all applicable state and federal regulations.
· Ensures that the courier function is fully integrated into and supports department operations.
· Maintains regular communication with supervisor and coworkers responding promptly to calls and pager messages.
· Monitors demand for courier services and reports need for changes in routing and schedules.
· Serves as liaison, carrying messages to and from client offices.
· Identifies and communicates to supervisor possible improvements in schedules, services, processes and procedures.
· Ensures that courier vehicles are properly maintained.
· Maintains neatness and cleanliness of vehicle(s).
· Monitors and schedules regular vehicle maintenance.
· Coordinates major repairs, obtaining estimates for supervisor's approval and scheduling the work to minimize downtime.
· Maintains mileage and service logs.
Specific Job Details:
· 40 hours a week 8:30 am to 5:00pm
· Requirement to be able to walk the majority of the day
· Prefer medical or hospital experience
· High School Diploma
· Valid Driver’s license