We are looking for a reliable Customer Service Representative to contact debtors and claim outstanding debts towards their creditors. You will be responsible for recovering the money owed in as little time as possible.
This position can be stressful and difficult. A debt collector will have to be polite and sensitive towards people while also remaining committed to their purpose and persistent. Excellent communication skills and a sense of urgency are extremely useful to succeed in this task.
- Keeping track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Planning course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Locating and contacting debtors to inquire of their payment status.
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Plan course of action to recover outstanding payments.
- Locate and contact debtors to inquire of their payment status.
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans.
- Handle questions or complaints.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Create trust relationships with debtors when possible to avoid future issues.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Alert superiors of debtors unwilling or unable to pay when necessary.
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Proven experience as debt collector
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Apt in negotiating and persuading
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence
- High school diploma is preferred