About the Job
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Technician II to install telephone plant facilities, switched digital television, and high-speed internet at customer premises according to specifications directed and established by CenturyLink procedures. Also to maintain, expand, replace and repair all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers. This position interacts directly with CenturyLink customers.
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair on outside plant facilities.
- Climb poles, use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable; and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV).
- Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to our customers.
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Assume all other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; switched digital television; High Speed Internet; station equipment.
- Prior experience in a customer facing or customer service operation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating CenturyLink’s products and services to customers
- Ability to visually identify all colors used in telephone cable
- Working knowledge of PC’s, including basic computer operational tasks
- Ability to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks; and to climb poles
- Ability to handle 28-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs).
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, with proven ability to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record
- CCNT, CCNA, Network+, or A+ Certifications
- Training on basic IT and network fundamentals.
- Experience or training in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records.
- Internet protocol telephony exposure
- Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory
- Knowledge of analog and digital transmission
Alternate Location: US-Pennsylvania-Mifflintown
Requisition #: 127024
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.