About the Job
The Floating Hospital, a non-profit healthcare provider that has been providing services for 150 years, is seeking a highly motivated Dental Assistant for IMMEDIATE, full-time placement at our site in Long Island City.
Essential functions include:
· Preparing the treatment room for patients by following prescribed procedures and protocols
· Taking dental x-rays
· Documenting dental care services by charting in patient records
· Providing instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist’s access; suctioning, passing instruments
· Providing materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth
· Making preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts
· Provide postoperative instructions as prescribed by the dentist
· Ensure operation of dental equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs
· Maintaining dental supply inventory
· Other duties as assigned
Candidate must possess a NYS Dental Assistant certification and have the appropriate certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Bi-lingual (Spanish) and experience with electronic health record preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. EOE.
Please email resume, cover letter stating position
& salary requirements to: