Hentzen is a unique company in today’s world. Since our inception in 1923, we have remained an independent, privately held company committed to being a leader in the development and manufacture of quality coatings through innovation, dedication and service to our customers and employees. This continual commitment has led to Hentzen’s recognition as a technology leader and trusted partner to our customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets we serve. Through nearly 100 years of innovation experience, we have developed a unique ability to custom engineer advanced coatings designed to meet each of our customers’ unique and challenging requirements. This innovation comes to life in our state-of-the-art facilities where our talented employees are challenged to develop coatings to solve these unique problems. If you want to join a technology leader, known for its innovation and dedication to its customers and employees, Hentzen can offer you a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
1ST SHIFT 7:00AM-3:30PM
In this role you will work with our liquid coatings research and development group and help lead the formulation and commercialization of new or existing coatings technologies to support company objectives within Hentzen’s core markets.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
· Help lead the development, formulation and commercialization of new or existing coatings technologies to support company objectives within Hentzen’s core markets. Your responsibilities will include:
· Development of new coatings technologies from concept through completion including; formulation, raw material evaluation, pigment selection, performance testing, application technique development, product scale up, color matching and trouble-shooting during commercialization.
· Conduct product maintenance projects on existing products and help resolve product issues associated with manufacturing, non-conforming materials, customer complaints, and distressed or obsolete inventory as necessary.
· Manage day to day activities of direct reports, if applicable.
· Help coach, mentor and train new associates in daily activities and provide supervision for designated personnel such as lab technicians and junior chemists.
· Provide progress updates on assigned projects through regular written and verbal technical reports to technical director, sales, technical service and other functional groups, as necessary.
· Develop new test methods as necessary to accelerate the development and commercialization of new products.
· Work with cross functional teams to ensure success on product development and other corporate projects.
· Document and maintain records of experiments, results and conclusions in lab notebook and other appropriate data systems.
· Work independently on assigned projects in a deadline oriented environment and collaborate with co-workers to provide and take direction on relevant projects.
· Occasional travel for training, customer line trials and support (~10%)
· Adhere to and ensure compliance with all applicable EHS laws, rules and regulations
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science.
- 3-5 years direct experience in an industrial manufacturing environment developing, formulating and testing new and existing coatings technologies with background in water borne and solvent borne coatings, including 1k and 2k urethanes, epoxies, and polyesters.
- Demonstrated record of successful product development and technical maintenance of existing products.
- Strong design of experiment skills and demonstrated ability to evaluate results and make product adjustments necessary to meet project objectives.
- Must be a high energy, results driven individual with excellent communication, computer and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with the proactive problem solving skills and work ethic necessary for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Understands supports and conforms to company policies and processes. Integrates policies and processes into projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work well and collaboratively with peers, leadership and cross functional teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear and move from place to place. The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or touch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds while performing duties relating to the job and may rarely have to lift/move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles in the lab area. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials. The employee may be occasionally exposed to humid conditions (non-weather) and may be working near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be loud while production equipment is running.
Personal Protection Equipment is required during various processes in the lab area. Safety shoes, glasses, dust mask, fire retardant uniform or lab coat, and gloves may be required when performing certain lab activities.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Hentzen Coatings, Inc.
6937 W. Mill Road
Women, minorities, Veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply
HENTZEN COATINGS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE