About the Job
Associated Milk Producers Inc. (AMPI), a leading Midwest dairy cooperative, is looking for a Truck Fleet Mechanic at its Sanborn, IA location.
This position will perform all phases of truck and trailer repair in a safe and efficient manner. The mechanic will be responsible for appropriate documentation.This position is also responsible for ensuring proper technique, principles, and procedures are followed, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of AMPI and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
This position is responsible for:
- Perform all aspects of preventative vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Appropriate documentation of all maintenance and repairs
- Tire maintenance and repairs
- Brakes maintenance and repairs
- Steering and suspensions maintenance and repairs
- Welding and cutting duties
- Troubleshoot and repair of engines, transmission, axles etc
- Troubleshoot and repair of electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and repair of air systems
- Troubleshoot and repair of HVAC systems
- Demonstrated experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations, including trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventative maintenance.
- Must have good problem solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Motivated, self-starter, punctual, seeking continuous improvements, work without supervision when needed
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must be available for rotating weekends and holidays
- Must have their own tools
- Must be able to lifty up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long the majority of a shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply toward our positions, please reach out to 1-800-533-3580 or email@example.com for assistance. NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.