Have you ever been to Costco and received a free sample? If so, it's likely come from one of our employees. For more than 25 years, Club Demonstration Services (CDS) has helped Costco members make shopping decisions and shaped the identity that Costco is perhaps best known for - its awesome free samples.
CDS is the in-house marketing company for Costco Wholesale. Our friendly, professional and talented employees provide high-quality product demonstrations and services to Costco Wholesale members and vendors. CDS abides by and adheres to all Costco Wholesale policies and ethics.
A CDS District Manager is a strong leader and coach; someone who develops, supports and monitors the event managers and their teams in your district. You will have experience leading multiple locations to build a team of top performers and meet district-wide performance goals. The best part of this position is motivating a talented, competitive District team who work hard, have fun, and are committed to doing their best every day.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and job functions of the District Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop event managers within the District to achieve company goals and key results through focused accountability, feedback, and recognition.
- Motivate and support the team with the implementation of company programs, policies, and objectives.
- Ensure effective operation of each location through proper staffing, training, and operational best-practices.
- Monitor key results for revenue, labor, and sales floor performance within the District to identify challenges and provide coaching and support where needed to meet established goals.
Performance and Organization
- Establish and monitor appropriate staffing levels for each location within the District.
- Provide timely, clear, and concise communication to support field operations in each location.
- Conduct regular visits to each location, reviewing crucial items necessary to attain key results.
- Enforce policies and processes that contribute toward the efficient operation and alignment of CDS Operations
- Submit summary reporting of the District to Regional Manager
Corporate and Technology
- Partner with corporate departments for support in the areas of Recruiting, Payroll, Billing, Benefits, and Risk Management
- Partner with Regional departments for support in the areas of Sales and Scheduling, and Human Resources.
- Utilize internal systems to monitor and analyze District-wide performance and compliance to labor laws
- Willingness to provide hands-on support in the development of District event managers.
- Provide development opportunities to promote learning and growth potential within the team and/or company.
- Seven (7) years of related experience working in the hospitality, retail, or food service industry
- Three (3) years of multi-unit management, including coaching, counseling, training and disciplining employees
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Associate of Arts degree in Business, Finance or related field, a plus; Bachelor of Arts degree in Business, Finance or related field, a strong plus.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of successful training and developing teams
- Ability to travel approximately 50%, with some overnights
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include occasional early mornings, evenings, and/or a weekend
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, in written and verbal forms
- Trusted leader and coach
- Demonstrate strong time management, organization, and preparation skills
- Able to work independently and be self- accountable
- Advanced computer skills; Microsoft office professional and Outlook
- Able to build rapport and credibility at all levels of CDS, Costco, and Costco Members and Vendors
- Able to manage all aspects of Operations within multiple locations
- Strong business acumen
Daymon Worldwide and Club Demonstration Services are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Associates joining Daymon and Club Demonstration Services may be subject to pre-employment screening.
Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and required skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Daymon Worldwide is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Associates joining Daymon may be subject to pre-employment screening.