About the Job
Job ID: 116120
Thermomass, a division of Oldcastle Light Building Products, manufactures a full line of concrete insulation systems for use in plant precast, tilt-up, and cast-in-place projects. With over 30 years of experience, we are the industry leader in concrete sandwich wall technology and can help you create walls that maximize energy-efficiency, durability, and performance.
A successful candidate provides technical support to the sale of company products in a clear and timely manner. They will also investigate, and draw components within insulated walls systems. Work involves primarily concrete structures however a working knowledge of contemporary building systems are a plus.
- Drawing insulated wall panels, and reading and reviewing construction documents
- Utilizing Microsoft and Adobe software packages
- Working in a fast paced, team environment
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively on several tasks at the same time.
- Maintain accurate notes for all project and customer communication in company database.
- Ability to perform project estimation, detail drafting and mechanical drafting for R&D purposes.
- Provides technical assistance for customers.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and prepare insulation system layouts and/or schematic proposals from blue prints supplied by customer.
- Compile information for material quantity take-offs, use spreadsheet applications to summarize data, and produce panel layout booklets
- Ability to create panel layouts, details, schematic proposals, and make revisions/corrections using Auto Cad or Revit.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers, representatives, and coworkers through verbal conversation and written correspondence. Maintain accurate notes for projects and customer’s communication in company database.
- Ability to perform project estimates, detail drafting and mechanical drafting for R&D purposes.
- Ability to interpret architectural documentation.
- Compile information for material quantity take offs and truck sheets using spreadsheet applications to summarize data and produce project manuals for submission to the plant and customers.
- Ability to perform graphic manipulation with multiple software packages for assistance with marketing design, presentations, R & D or website use.
- Ability to develop programming and integrating software programs for corporate customization.
- Working knowledge of concrete building industry
- At min. an Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Thermomass is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Thermomass is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.