This position is designed to perform installation, repair, troubleshoot and maintenance on electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Must take a personal and active approach to health, safety and environment and understand and follow all state, federal and company health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the work area and tasks assigned.
- Use voltmeter, ammeter, megger, oscilloscope and related testing equipment.
- Performs voltage testing on electrical equipment up to 25KV.
- Perform proper Lockout of equipment for maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on all electrical systems including instrumentation and Rockwell Distributed Control Systems.
- Maintain generators, motors, conveyors, and other electrical equipment.
- Install, repair, replace equipment such as relays, switches, supervisory controls, indicating and recording equipment.
- Prepare work orders and complete necessary reports.
- Maintain telephones, paging systems and mine radio systems.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Operate forklifts, man lifts, pick-up trucks, and related service vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and understanding and application of mathematical and electrical formulas is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Industrial Electrical degree or those with previous electrical and instrumentation experience in the mining industry.
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in a multi craft environment
- Integrity and Trust
- Action oriented and produces results
- Ability to work alone and make decisions
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Commitment to creating and maintaining an environment facilitating safety and collaborative leadership
To apply, or to find out more about this role please submit your resume, referencing “E&I Technician” to: EagleRecruiting@lundinmining.comHelp.