ENERGY EFFICIENT OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE
This position is a support role for the Roth, a Sodexo company’s Utility Energy Services Division, which provides commercial and industrial energy efficiency program implementation services for our utility clients. This position will provide support for Centre, Mifflin and Clearfield County Pennsylvania, for developing, coordinating, and supporting outreach functions and performance for both new program start-up and legacy programs. This position also coordinates with internal and external programs stakeholders on processes and procedures to achieve the assigned energy savings goals. The Energy Efficiency Outreach Representative works within a team environment and will report to the Energy Services Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply fundamental sales processes, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Understand and implement Sales Process, including but not limited to:
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer and Trade Ally inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process to close a project.
- Recruit, train, educate and cultivate relationships with contractors and customers to encourage effective marketing of programs.
- Build a base of “registered” Program Allies specific to the specified programs.
- Maintain knowledge of program “Best Practices”, individual program offerings and how they can serve customers including features, advantages and benefits.
- Support outreach work plan creation, monitoring and updates.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of program’s strategic outreach direction and production levels to deliver established goals.
- Actively “cold calling” new potential suppliers/contractors and developing their participation in our programs.
- Perform event planning, coordination and presentations of programs.
- Research the markets, accumulating data on businesses, and identifying the key allies to be targeted on behalf of the programs.
- Identify improvement barriers and report information to Program Director.
- Prepare weekly and monthly project based activity reports and track progress towards program goals.
- Ability to work effectively with non-outreach team personnel.
- Contribute ideas being respectful and understanding of individual experience and knowledge compared to others.
- Willingness to take direction for other team members.
- Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments and acts in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field may be considered when deciding on this position
Strong sales experience
1-2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and to collaborate on continuous improvement efforts
- Results oriented
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel 50% or more of the time, with up 4 continuous days in the field
Health Insurance Generous 401(k) match Paid Vacation, Personal time, and sick time
paid LTD and STD
About the Company:
Roth, a Sodexo company has 90+ years of energy efficiency service experience while offering an elite level of customer satisfaction and a result-driven track record. Roth provides solutions to the entire spectrum of Facilities Management needs. Roth’s comprehensive model lends support to: HVAC/R Service, HVAC Construction, Roof Asset Management, Facility Automation, Command Center Services, and Energy Services
Roth is an Equal Opportunity Employer