About the Job
CalPortland a leading diversified building materials company with operations throughout the west has an immediate opening for an Electrician. Founded in 1891 CalPortland has a long tradition of product and service excellence. We are proud of our many contributions to major projects over the years including the Hoover Dam Staples Center Seattle Sky Needle San Diego Convention Center and many more as well as our industry leadership in environmental and energy conservation. Joining our “family” means working with our superior team and participating in our excellent compensation and benefits programs. Expect More….We Deliver
Assemble install test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring equipment appliances apparatus and fixtures using hand tools and power tools. Diagnose malfunctioning systems apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
Key functions and tasks required in this position:
· To include but not limited to:
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical equipment and power distribution throughout the plant.
- Install and maintain high medium and low voltage power controls on equipment.
- Performs necessary maintenance to the equipment and machinery to repair or replace the defective parts.
- Perform adjustments and calibration procedures on various forms of process equipment.
- Interpret electrical printouts installation instructions and work orders
High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years Industrial Electrical experience or equivalent education.
- Familiar with NFP 70E.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in mechanical electrical and electronic maintenance troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of basic AC and DC control circuits as well as terminology of tools prints and equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other maintenance personnel supervisors and management.
- Schedule and complete maintenance tasks through ongoing coordination with production supervision.
- Problem Analysis - Must be able to quickly define problem and apply corrective action with limited support and oversight.
- Multiple shift operation necessitating the ability to work overtime night and weekend work as needed including responding to emergency call-outs.
- Work performed inside and outside in all weather conditions including at night.
- Electrical maintenance background at large processing facility (mine pulp plant steel mill ect).
- Experience operating mobile equipment.
- PLC implementation and troubleshooting experience.
Conditions of Employment
Candidate considered for a position the offer is a Contingent offer” upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination/ medical history and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and a background check.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY