About the Job
At the Kernersville, NC Plant, Highland Industries specializes in the conception, design and delivery of high-performance textiles. Our customers in the automotive, industrial, aerospace and other various fields have complex, ever-changing needs. To meet those needs, our Engineers don't just fabricate solutions - we invent them.
By combing the latest materials science with decades of expertise, we can meet or exceed the most demanding performance and regulatory standards. Many of the patentable products, finishing chemistries and manufacturing processes we use were invented right here at Highland. Our Engineers work closely with sales, marketing, manufacturing and Quality Specialists - and with our customers - to make sure everything we do answers a need.
We're seeking an Electrician at our Kernersville, NC location who is looking for the opportunity to be part of our innovative and exciting products. The Electrician will direct and perform all types of electrical and mechanical work.
- Maintain your personal safety at all time; immediately report all unsafe conditions, accidents or near misses; attend required safety meetings and training; follow all safety rules for this location
- Receive general instructions and plan tasks to be performed
- Inspect jobs and determine methods, materials, tools, etc.
- Direct helper in securing tools and assign tasks to helper
- Interpret blue prints or sketches and make installations or repairs as specified
- Exercise judgment in the selection of materials, tools and in method so progress of job is according to accepted safety standards
- Work with crew in installing and repairing all types of electric and mechanical equipment such as motors, transformers, starters, switch boards, conduits, etc.
- Use electric drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, knives, hammer, saw, soldering iron, ruler, dies, maggers, test light, voltmeter, ohmmeter, wire pullers and miscellaneous testing equipment
- Use wire (plain or insulated) solder, tape, conduit, switches, switch boxes, buss bars, motors (various sizes), generators, brackets, etc.
- Direct maintenance crew or working leader. Indicate procedure and delegate work as instructed by Supervisor
- Associate's Degree in Industrial Electronics or a combination of commensurate education and experience is required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
Ability to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Physical Demands: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection may be required in some areas of the facility where indicated. Most areas of the facility are climate controlled, however, some areas may be warmer than others.
We offer excellent benefits including 401K, health, disability and life insurances.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
NO 3RD PARTY/UNSOLICTED RESUMES ACCEPTED