Electrician - Licensed Journeyman Position Summary
: Report to the Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, this is a shift-work position with periodic overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays, working independently or in a team, safely and efficiently maintain, install, and repair power distribution equipment, and diagnose malfunctions using applied knowledge and experience.Essential Duties
- Trouble-shooting, diagnostics, installations and repairs of 480V, 2400V, 4160V, 13.8 Kv power distribution equipmentsuch as MCC's, VFD's, Swgr., Unit substations, transformers, etc.
- Replacing Swgr and MCC's protective relays such as G.E. "Multilin and Schweitzer "SEL relays
- Downloading and uploading the protective relay settings (per company records)
- Replacing large Allen-Bradley, "PowerFlex, 480V VFD'S and configuration of VFD settings (per company records)
- Replacing parts located on or inside the power distribution equipment, i.e. breakers, O.L.'s., contactors, CT's, arrestors, etc.
- MV and LV motors starters
- MV breakers and switches
- Cable terminations for 24 Vdc, 125 Vdc, 120, 240 Vac, 600V, 5Kv and 15 Kv cable
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Proven experience, knowledge and proficiency in, trouble shooting, repair and installing of AC and DC power systems.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability and proficiency to perform essential job functions such as:
- respond to, repair, and/or assist others in breakdowns;
- use tools, read tape measure, use of electrical test equipment such as Meggers, "Hi-Pot, "Baker tester, multi-meters and/or other related metering and measuring equipment, and perform mathematical calculations pertaining to the job
- maintenance of written documentation pertaining to the job, including documenting all maintenance and work orders using the company- CMMS and SAP software
- read and apply processes and procedures according to operating and maintenance manuals;
- operate overhead crane, forklift, man lift;
- precisely calibrate various measuring instruments;
- operate PLC equipment using an operator "touch screen
- Perform electrical load calculations for sizing of wire, breakers, raceway- according to the NEC. Competent in the use of the NEC and applying for selecting materials and electrical installations.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures pertaining to the area.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
- Demonstrate the ability to work the posted schedule with shift work and overtime as necessary.
- Must be qualified, already professional trained, proficient and experienced working on electrical power systems and equipment systems 480V through 13.8 Kv. Minimum 5 years daily experience.
- Licensed journeyman electrician