About the Job
Employee Benefits Account Coordinator
- Job Label:
At ABD we’ve built something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on the core tenants of Work, Love and Play.
Work: ABD is a team of risk and reward advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter. You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as you grow your expertise.
Love: We love what we do. We thrive on the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are part of a team that is in this together!
Play: We enjoy our clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness leads to shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to miss out on a good time – whether it’s a game, bowling, onsite barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD, we share the fun of life and have fun at work.
INTRODUCTION: ABD is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success. This position into the HR Technology Consulting Team Leader (HRTC Team Lead).
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for collecting benefit plan renewal information from service team members and working in various online benefits administration/payroll systems to update changes for assigned employee benefits clients.
- This position is a temporary, non-exempt, hourly and full-time role.
- This position is located at ABD’s San Mateo & San Jose office(s). Candidate will be asked to split the week, spending some days in each office on a schedule to be determined.
ESSENTIAL TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following items, others may be assigned.
- Coordinate with the HRTC team lead to develop project plans for each assigned client
- Maintain and work through the project plan at a quick pace with a very high level of communication back to the HRTC team lead and the service team contact for each client
- Provide a daily status report to the HRTC team lead
- Assist with administrative tasks for Open Enrollment within various benefits administration/payroll systems
- Be comfortable contacting and working with technology vendors who may need to assist with administrative tasks within benefit systems
- Ability to take responsibility for a client’s OE systems updates by becoming the single point of contact for one or more benefit administration systems (ex. ADP, BeneTrac, Maxwell Health, Namely, PlanSource, SmartBen, Ulti-Pro, or Workday)
- Ability to communicate efficiently with carriers, clients, and internally at all levels. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide communication and memos to service team contacts to distribute to clients and client employees
- Assist Senior Management and service team members with miscellaneous duties and projects
- Understand how to audit spreadsheets, be comfortable with common excel formulas used to manipulate and audit data in spreadsheets (ex. Vlookup)
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES that demonstrate professionalism, passion and ways to use technology for good:
- Ability to be flexible with the ever-changing priorities and deadlines
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite products and use of internet. Experience with Excel is particularly important
- Working as an HRIS, HR, or Benefits Admin in systems such as ADP, BeneTrac, Maxwell Health, Namely, PlanSource, SmartBen, Ulti-Pro, or Workday) is a plus. Experience updating one or more of the above systems during an open enrollment cycle is a big plus
- Excellent verbal, written and customer service communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Active participation as an ABD team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization more successful
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School education required. College degree preferred.
- Must have previous HRIS Admin, Benefits Admin, or HR Generalist experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
ABD is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume, solicited or unsolicited and whether or not there is an open requisite, to this site without a signed fee agreement between the employment agency, person or entity and ABD, does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of ABD. ABD will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Employment agencies who have current signed fee agreements with ABD must submit applicants to ABD’s Talent Acquisition Manager to be eligible for placement fees.
- Related Keywords:
- client services, account specialist, management, account coordinator, benefits, employee benefits, insurance, brokerage, adviser, assistant, benefits analyst, temporary, contract assignment, systems specialist, benefits administration, HRIS, HR Generalist,