EVENT SPECIALIST PART TIME SALES
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store demonstrator is responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days. Take this chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Advantage Solutions, where you will receive top-notch training and competitive pay rates.
- Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales
- Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products
- Timely complete of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day
- Able to work independently and as a motivated team player
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. #WES1
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Promotional Sales Specialist is the primary in store and product ambassador and the key to our In Store Event programs. As a Promotional Sales Specialist, the associate will be expected to create a dynamic and memorable experience for consumers by generating strong consumer engagement and using a proactive approach to promoting and selling the product they are representing. The Promotional Sales Specialist is expected to have deep knowledge of the product they are representing and the unique ability to invite shoppers in to the In Store Event experience to create engagement. Candidates must be flexible in the way they engage consumers. The position may perform a wide range of activities including physically setting up, maintaining, and breaking down their demonstration areas; actively conducting product promotion through vibrant engagement with consumers; knowledgeable and effective product demonstration; product sales, and light merchandising in and around their In Store Event area. Products may include, but are not limited to: consumer electronics, food, alcoholic beverages, health and wellness, beauty products and other non-food items.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product Promotion and Sales
- Engage consumers in a professional and memorable manner which creates a positive shopper experience and generates enthusiasm for the product and the event
- Purposefully move around the event area to actively engage shoppers (within 25 feet of the event station if any) (while remaining attentive to event safety considerations and professionalism) and enthusiastically invite them to participate in the event experience
- May be required to move around within 10 feet of event area with product in hand in a butler-like / roving fashion as part of the event experience
- Promote the product being featured through education, use of the product, demonstration of the features and benefits, and/or distribution of product samples.
- Communicate the primary selling points and convey other messages for the product and encourage the shopper to purchase.
- Develop positive relationships with store management and foster good will by consistently meeting or exceeding engagement expectations and sales expectations (if and as applicable) and fostering customer goodwill.
- Seamlessly integrate into the store’s shopper culture and become an extension of the store team in the consumer’s eye
- Understand and work to support the store’s engagement goals
Event Set-up, Maintenance, and Breakdown (if applicable)
- Set up and breakdown of promotional In Store Event area.
- Push cart and promotional signage from storage to event area and assemble with near the product display. Carry appliances, other equipment, product, samples, and supplies to and place at event area, retrieve and replenish product, samples, and supplies as needed.
- Must maintain promotional area is in a manner that is inviting, clean, organized, and set up according to instructions provided; and where necessary, in compliance with food safety requirements and regulations.
- Return cart, signage, supplies, appliances, and other equipment provided for the promotion to identified storage location at end of event. On occasions where food sampling or preparation is involved, all items are properly cleaned/sanitized as necessary.
- Complete review of all assigned training materials sometime prior to event day
- While in-store, study product materials to develop product knowledge and any necessary skills for product usage
- While in-store, develop and practice a sales pitch/promotional script sometime prior to beginning an event day
- Timely and accurately complete call reports and time records (by 10a.m. of the day after the event is completed)
- Participate in calls with Supervisor/others as needed
- Review event schedule once a week
- Check voice mails and emails daily
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing or Sales.
- Preference of at least one (1) years of substantive experience in product promotion, event marketing, retail sales or product demonstration experience.
- Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work flexible hours when necessary
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation. Must be comfortable engaging with the public and be able to create engaging and positive shopper experience, while remaining professional in doing so.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships with store managers and shoppers
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have ability to effectively communicate with and respond to consumers and educate them on product benefits, selling points, features, pricing, and choices; including ability to speak clearly using a pleasant and courteous tone.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to achieve goals while also being able to operate as part of a team.
- Dependable and reliable
- Operates with integrity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to embrace constructive feedback
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to stand and move throughout event area to actively engage consumer and create a positive shopper experience
- Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a retail in-store or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand on feet and be mobile for long periods of time (on average up to 6 consecutive hours, subject to legally required breaks and meal periods); push cart weighing up to 52-74 pounds a distance of 150- 300 feet; lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs a distance of 5-10 feet and reaching up to 10 feet overhead,use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Other Event-Specific Requirements
Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification;, ability to conduct hot and/or cold food preparation (including without limitation use and handling of sharp objects, cooking appliances, and other food-related tools/equipment); video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience; and ability to play a designated role (which may require an audition).
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.