About the Job
Job Title - Fabricator 1
Job Description - Fabrication and assembly of door frames and door units from aluminum extrusions. Use of stationary power tools, hand power tools, hand tools and light welding to measure, cut, drill and attach aluminum pieces together. Some lifting up to 40 lbs. Working with computer generated paper work orders.
SUMMARY: Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site by performing the following essential duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES included but not limited to the following.
- Adhere to all Kawneer rules and regulations.
- Inspects extrusions for scratches, dents and quality.
- Able to read work order and follow oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Knowledge and ability to follow the MDR Process.
- Able to identify material by part number and product finish.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials onto material racks and carts installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated areas.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
- Assembles crates to contain products when required.
- Stores materials such as metals, tools, or chemicals in designated areas.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One to six months related work experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Ability to count, to add, to subtract and to multiply simple numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and respond to minor problems in standard work situations.
- Ability to obtain a mobile equipment license, forklift certification, side-loader certification, electric pallet jack certification and overhead crane certification are preferred.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to repetitively lift up to 40 pounds or 1/3 of your body weight.
- Able to work 12 hour days.
- Able to wear required PPE.
- Able to bend and twist repetitively.
Pay rate; 14.00/hour
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.