About the Job
- Assist with field sample processing activities
- Prepare samples for assay, including milling and/or preprocessing of samples
- Weigh powder and/or seed samples
- Conduct laboratory experiments and collect data according to established protocols
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on laboratory instrumentation
- Be able to lift 35 lbs
- Some college course work in a scientific field, BS in Chemistry or Biology preferred.
- Have a state-issued pesticide applicator license or obtain within 1 month of employment
- Flexibility in work arrangements – you may be asked to perform the same task for an extended period of time or may be asked to perform different tasks on the same day
- Experience with sample handling following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) is preferred, but not mandatory
- Basic chemistry knowledge, including proper chemical handling, use, storage, and disposal
- Experience working in a chemistry or microbiology laboratory setting is preferred, but not mandatory
- Equipment operation - tillage, planting, spraying, mowing, etc.
- Maintenance - shop and equipment maintenance