Under normal supervision, responsibilities include preparing surfaces for the application of paints, lacquers or enamels to components or finished products. Also be responsible for complex assembly operations and hanging parts on the paint line. Must meet company quality standards and performs basic preventative maintenance.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepare surface and apply prepared paints, lacquers or enamels to components or finished products.
- Thin paint to proper consistency and viscosity for spraying or brushing application and adjusts equipment to obtain the finish requirement. Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Perform masking and two-toning and operate drying equipment.
- Construct moderately complex assemblies by using previously gained assembly experience. Requires skill in use of special and or standard tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, nut drivers, cutters, etc.
- Perform general soldering on mechanical components utilizing hand held soldering irons.
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Keep work area clean.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Based on the facility in which this job is performed this position may:
- Sandblast construction attachments and does final prep before product goes into painting.
- Lift, position, and remove work pieces from machines to assist in loading and unloading raw materials/cut parts from machine using an overhead crane or jib hoist.
- Stack, and transport stock, tools, dies, and work in process by cart or forklift.
- Attach chain or grappling equipment to work pieces to prepare work piece for moving by crane or jib.
- Clean, grind and scrape metal pieces as prep for fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping using an electric hand grinder.
- Pick up and move scrap from work areas.
- Note shortages encountered during assembly process on appropriate forms.
- Hang parts on and take parts of paint line.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- One year related experience
- Must be available for first shift hours