POSITION: Flexible Spending Account Consultant
COMPANY: TRISTAR Benefit Administrators
DEPARTMENT: Flexible Spending Account Operations
REPORTS TO: Director, Flexible Spending Accounts
STATUS: Non Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision,manages and monitors flex system operation. Acts as subject matter expert for flex policies and procedures. Completes assigned flex projects. Facilitate high level customer service, by effectively solving service issues. This position requires direct contact with Brokers, clients and employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Acts as subject matter expert for Flexible Spending Account Product systems, operations, and customer service delivery including operational application of Internal Revenue Code Sections 105, 125,129, and 132 rules.
· Reviews audit results to review and monitor compliance with TRISTAR policies and IRS regulations.
· Responsible for the accurate and efficient operation of the FSA system.
o Act as liaison between the Flexible Spending Account system vendor and TRISTAR.
o Responsible for problem solving in the FSA system.
o Monitor and report on effectiveness of flex system.
· Assist Flex Specialists with customer service and system problems.
· Act as Flex banking operational expert and perform end of year audits as required.
· Create and deliver special customer reporting as required.
· Coordinate new Flex case operational set up.
· Set up new and renewing cases in the flex system.
· Enter eligibility for all assigned flex groups.
· Establish and maintain accurate FSA employer records.
· Review and approve flex claims.
· Handle participant repayments in the FSA system.
· Assist with claim backlogs as needed.
· Handle special case substantiation requirements, if needed.
· Complete all projects assigned by Director of Operations.
· Acts as a liaison between the Flex Unit and Corporate Accounting
EQUIPMENT OPERATED/USED: Computer, 10-key, printer, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR CLOTHING: Appropriate office attire
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred); five (5) to ten (10) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Technical knowledge of statutory regulations, IRC Sections 105,125,129 and 132.
· Ability to master an operational system for flexible spending account administration, prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Proficient in Word and Excel.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey technical details to claimants, clients and staff.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.