POSITION: Food & Beverage Manager
DEPARTMENT:Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO:General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
Summary: SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening at SMG/Cabarrus Arena & Events Center for a Food & Beverage Manager responsible for overseeing operations of the Food & Beverage Department including banquets, concessions, and beverage services personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishing menus, pricing, and service standards for the department that produce acceptable margins and levels of service
- Determining client food, beverage, and operational needs for events
- Overseeing food and beverage operations during events to ensure client satisfaction, product quality, service quality, and compliance with sanitation regulations
- Hiring and training concessions and banquet employees to ensure product quality, service level, efficiency, and profitability standards are satisfied
- Overseeing hiring and training of kitchen staff and others engaged in preparation and cooking of food
- Developing and implementing work plans, employee schedules, and assignment of duties to subordinates
- Adhering to and enforcing all SMG policies and procedures including Human Resources Policies and Procedures; Business Code of Conduct; cash and inventory handling procedures; and all other Cabarrus Arena & Events Center policies and procedures
- Responsible for documenting all employee tardies, absences, and reporting to and working with Human Resources for all disciplinary actions for employees who violate policies and procedures
- Developing and managing departmental budgets that support Cabarrus Arena & Events Center and SMG goals
- Creating department sales projections and budgets for facility events
- Analyzing information and generate reports concerning facility operation such as daily sales, event attendance, product costs, and labor costs to prepare budgets and maintain cost control of department operations
- Inspecting food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet state and local health laws and internal requirements
- Maintaining all food and beverage equipment to ensure operational
- Maintaining POS systems and digital menu boards
- Developing and implementing inventory control processes and procedures
- Maintaining an active role in local hospitality, community, and professional associations
Supervisory Responsibilities include managing Food & Beverage Department full-time employees, part-time employees, and contract laborers in concessions, catering, and the kitchen.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Beverage Management or related field is preferred
- Minimum of four years experience in a management-level position in a concessions and catering facility that serves large events
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong inclination toward customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work with professional event planners and individuals with no prior event planning experience
- Ability to creatively develop menus, concessions points of sales, and buffet presentations
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, Microsoft Windows, and the Microsoft Office suite of applications at an intermediate level
- Familiarity with Square POS system is preferred
This position will work with limited supervision and will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff, the ability to regularly work shifts in excess of twelve hours, and be available for work on nights, weekends, holidays, and normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Brenda Clem
Cabarrus Arena & Events Center
4751 NC Highway 49
Concord, NC 28025
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process maycontact (704) 920-3985.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.