About the Job
Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers. Eaton has a 3rd shift opening for a Forge Operator in Belmond, IA.
- Sets up, operates and maintains forge press machines in a productive and safe manner.
- Reads job instructions to produce specified valves including basic mathematical calculations
- Operates and adjusts forge press according to guidelines and in a safe manner
- Performs set ups and light maintenance and trouble shooting of forge press equipment
- Changes punches and dies as required
- Accurately, completes production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc)
- Utilizes specified gages to insure proper product tolerances. Recognizes visual standards at the operation
- Where required performs SPC on specified dimensions
- Follows and maintains the required 5S and lean principals of working area
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
-No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Belmond, IA in order to be considered.
- Experience working on an extrusion or forging operation
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Ability to proactively work with other team members
- This position requires sitting for an entire eight – ten hour shift