About the Job
Responsible for ensuring product is put away in designated warehouse area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring pick and overstock slots are filled with correct product.
- Ensuring product is in date and free of damages.
- Adhering to Power Warehouse procedures when putting away products.
- Properly recording any product damages.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Maintaining the safety, quality, and legality of food products.
WORK SKILLS: Excellent communication skills, ability to follow directions and meet deadlines while working under minimal supervision.
EXPERIENCE: Previous forklift experience
QUALIFICATIONS: Forklift certification
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. Carry up to 50 lbs. Push/Pull up to 30 lbs. of force. Ascend and descend a step with a height of 10 inches from the floor. Able to work in a cold environment for an extended period of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse environment including refrigeration and freezer warehouse spaces
WHO WE ARE Gourmet Foods International was built on a true passion for fine food which has driven our company to become a leading specialty food supplier in the nation.
Started in 1967 by Russell McCall, Gourmet Foods was no more than a single cheese and wine shop. We now have warehouses nationwide to help achieve our goal of aligning communities through food.
Our philosophy is based on the idea that food is a universal connector. We have worked to keep a strong focus on supporting small producers and bringing their hand-crafted, healthy, and environmentally conscious products to consumers across the nation.
OUR PRODUCTS A remarkable specialty food program features top quality products, offered with extraordinary freshness and variety. We distribute over 10,000 gourmet products across the US with strong leadership in most specialty cheese categories.
Gourmet Foods prides itself on cultivating strong relationships with vendors which include many small producers and traditional cheesemakers. Our product selection includes a large number of artisan goods from all across the country as well as imported items from around the world.
CORE VALUES Through our values we strive to develop customer and employee loyalty while generating long-term profitable and sustainable growth.
- We create a bridge between producers, customers, and consumers by bringing quality products to new and expanding markets
- We promote an energetic climate of purpose and innovation.
- We recognize our social responsibility to give back to our communities through outreach and sustainable business practices.
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS We have long believed in sharing success with people who help create it by offering excellent benefits to our team members.
- Insurance Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Retirement Investment Plans
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with matching contributions
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive Salaries
- Flexible Paid Time Off(PTO)
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Programs
- Opportunity to Grow within the Company