|Title||Foster Care Social Worker|
*Are you passionate about changing the lives of children and families?*
Come join a team that is responsible for helping our youth and families establish healthy relationships, working toward building trust and open communication, while ensuring the youth stay connected to their home communities.
This position is responsible for leading the development, implementation and monitoring of clinical treatment services to ensure the youth’s and family needs are met. The focus of the position is on permanency planning, maximizing family contact, developing resilience areas, developing the skills necessary for family reunification and /or connection, and preparing youth for life in their home community through our Foster Care program.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Work, or Mental Health Counseling; LMSW/LCSW, or LMHC certification preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years of clinical experience working with at risk youth and families
• Knowledge of the treatment planning process and appropriate treatment intervention services for youth/families including but not limited to providing individual, family and group counseling sessions, school programming, provisions of independent living skills, employment, religious services, etc.
• Demonstrated decision-making, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
• Ability to form engaging and therapeutic relationships with children and families
• Ability to work with an culturally and economically diverse population; must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• TCI/CPR/First Aid certified or ability to obtain TCI/CPR/First Aid Certification
• A clean, valid driver’s license is required. 15% of time will be spent on local travel; must have reliable transportation
• Flexible availability required including nights, weekends and holiday hours
• Demonstrated skills and working knowledge of MS Office programs