We are currently seeking a General Manager (Store Manager). The General Manager is responsible for the overall sales and profitability of a store location. Manage all operations of the location to include personnel, merchandising, inventory management, training and safety. Execute Running the Sales Floor – ‘Heads Up’ Strategy to include using all aspects of SERVE and COACH to ensure we are Super Serving our customers. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in managing overall performance of the entire retail operation.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct and execute planning, prioritizing and delegation skills to maximize the overall sales and profitability of an individual store location
- Train Associates on merchandising procedures.
- Human Resource Management: Recruitment, selection, training, counseling, and development of Associates.
- Conduct Performance Appraisals and salary administration.
- Enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
- Implement, manage and reinforce Visionworks “SERVE” process in effort to enhance the customer’s experience.
- Create a climate of security and integrity to control inventory shrink from both internal and external theft.
- Maintain facility to corporate standards including building, equipment, parking lot and grounds as well as safety rules.
- Provide proper flow of information to the Optometrist directly associated with the store.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with doctor/doctors associated with store location and serve as liaison between doctor and store personnel
Education, Experience & Background:
- 5 - 7 years of related retail management experience
- Some College
- Bilingual Preferred
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Favorable result on Background Check
- Must have own vehicle and be an insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
- Able to work a varying schedule to include: days, nights, weekends and holidays
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.