Location: Manchester, IA
HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST
A growing and profitable Iowa manufacturing company is looking for a strong Human Resource Generalist to be heavily involved in all HR activities such as employee relations, recruitment/staffing, retention, benefits, and compensation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Heavy involvement Recruitment, Staffing and Retention
● The HR Generalist assists in the implementation of HR policies, procedures, and practices.
● Perform Human Resource duties covering varying shifts, as needed.
● Heavy benefits involvement in this facility.
● The HR Generalist supports general HR programs including training, employment law compliance, compensation and benefits administration, recruiting, new hire orientation, employee relations, and performance
● Documentation of HR related issues.
● Work closely with facility management on personnel concerns.
● Provide leadership, guidance and employee relationship building.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
● 3+ years of payroll and Human Resource experience in a manufacturing environment.
● BS or BA degree preferred.
● Experience with payroll and attendance software programs.
● Familiarity with basic employee benefit packages.
● Employee relations experience and strong conflict resolution experience and ability to deal with complaints efficiently.
● Strong experience working with computers.
● Familiarity with OSHA and safety programs.
● Ability to travel to other company locations.