About the Job
Department: Help Desk
Reports To: Support Manager
Location: Buffalo, NY
FLSA Status: Salary
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Are you a motivated individual who loves technology? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment? Love learning new technologies? Getting hands on experience? Have a great work ethic and people/communication skills? If the answer to the above is YES ! Then Global Tech Solutions is the place for you. Global Tech Solutions is a fast growing company that is seeking energetic and motivated professionals to join the Team. We are a MSP (Managed Service Provider) with clients in more than 12 states. Global Tech Solutions, the tri state area’s most recognized MSP is expanding again. We are looking for a few well-rounded individuals who have solid technical skills as well as great communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal management in a team environment where every member is an important part of our success. This role is a critical part of our client service delivery strategy. This is the opportunity to be part of one of the nations World Class MSPs. We are looking for leaders in the industry who are excited by the thought of being part of an innovative team and growing professionally.We offer excellent pay and benefits along with training. If you think you have what it takes, then provide us with a brief summary of why you think that you could thrive in this type of environment along with your current resume.
SUMMARY: The Level 2 Technical Support Specialist's role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish their daily tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Provide onsite and remote support to end-users
- Respond to assigned tickets/tasks in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities and best practice methodology to aid in troubleshooting.
- Update technical support documentation when required
- Setup and support mobile devices (Android, iOS, Blackberry)
- Troubleshoot Windows Desktop and Microsoft Office applications
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Utilize RMM and PSA platforms to maximum efficiency
- React to service outages promptly with adherence to standard operating procedures
- Self-triage and dispatch tickets when required
- Take ownership of tasks and follow through to ensure complete resolution
- Take a personal interest in and responsibility for the quality of work performed or associated with.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Participate in the On-Call Rotation
- Follow all company policies and best practices such as accurate time tracking.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Travel Requirements: 10% - Mostly to local clients with an occasional visit to out of state clients. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Responsibilities may occasionally require an adjusted work schedule and/or evening/weekend hours in order to satisfy customer needs and position requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Level 1 Technician must also submit to and pass a comprehensive criminal background check before a final offer of employment can be made. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in providing IT support at an MSP or similar IT organization.
- In-depth understanding of Windows desktop operating system required.
- Knowledge of AD, MS Exchange and DNS required
- Foundational knowledge of Windows networking
- Experience with routers and switches is a plus
- Experience with terminal services is a plus
- Ability to play close attention to details while performing technically detailed tasks required
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. Employees must have mobility throughout the office and may occasionally drive or ride to other service locations.
- EMOTIONAL DEMANDS : The employee must be emotionally mature and be able to handle difficult and complex client and work-related situations. Candidates must possess strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. They must be self-driven and possess a positive mental attitude.
- COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Candidates must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. They must exhibit an ability to professionally write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, employees, and the general public. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to understand and apply standard, high school-level mathematical concepts for the purposes of measuring departmental statistics.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: IT Support: 1 year