Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Lead a clinical team with varied expertise to care for patients one on one and in their most preferred environment – at home.
Culture of teamwork:
Lead, promote and support a multi-disciplinary team while serving an essential role on the operations management team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Augusta
$5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
What You Will Do:
As a Hospice Clinical Manager, you will report directly to the operational leader and serve as a key member of care center operations and management team by leading a full team of multidiscipline, healthcare professionals. Your primary work will include the supervision, management, coordination and provision of quality patient care while demonstrating fiscal responsibility and maintaining the highest standards of care. You may occasionally provide one on one hospice and palliative care to patients in the home setting, and when required, may fulfill role as Agency Supervising Nurse.
- Participates with the physician, referral sources, Clinical/Branch Director and professional staff in decisions regarding patient eligibility and suitability for the hospice program and coordinates hospice care services from admission through bereavement.
- Coordinates with physicians, case managers, the patient, families and interdisciplinary team to implement that patient plan of care.
- Coordinates regular interdisciplinary team conferences and promotes communication of information relevant to the patient care process to ensure quality of care and coordination of services.
- Participates in agency quality assurance activities designed to improve quality and continuity of patient care which includes reviews of medical records, ensure adequate staffing, training and evaluating staff.
- Two (2) plus years of experience as a Registered Nurse*
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform patient visits.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
- More than one (1) year supervisory/management experience in hospice or home care (if not required by the state)
*Some states have specific requirements related to education, clinical or supervisory experience beyond the listed general requirement and may require up to 3-5 years of experience.
Connecticut: Three (3) years clinical experience as a registered nurse within the last five years and one of those years in community health OR MSN or BSN and experience in community health
New Jersey: Experience of two (2) years public health nursing and BSN or three (3)years public health nursing
Texas: Experience must be within the last 36 months
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees