About the Job
Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Our technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. Collaborating with industry partners, governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and other companies, we serve a wide variety of customers in the residential and commercial, industrial, food and beverage, infrastructure, and energy verticals. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion and approximately 26,000 employees worldwide, the company operates as One Pentair, driven by purpose, led by vision, guided by process, and united by its Win Right Values.
Business Unit Overview
Electrical designs, manufactures, and services products that protect some of the world’s most sensitive equipment, as well as heat management solutions designed to provide thermal protection to temperature sensitive fluid applications, and engineered electrical and fastening products for electrical, mechanical and civil applications.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
This position will interface with customers, outside sales and production on all escalated technical inquires from Customer Service Reps for assigned functional areas/brands. Responsibilities will also include issuing quotes for customers. Role will include extensive external/internal contact and requires a superior level of customer service skills while responding to a high volume of technical inquiries.
• Provide technical application identify standard and modified product capabilities based on customer specification and application requirements
• Issue quotes based on customer specification, application requirements, costing and manufacturability
• Provide support for specific sales territories as a main contact
• Manage key accounts which includes collaborating with multiple functional areas to resolve quality issues, proactively communicating with customers and resolving conflicts to ensure customers expectations are met
• Participate in special project assignments as required
• Identify key components to assist customers in part replacements for assigned functional area/brand
• Maintain high level of performance by meeting team key performance indicator (KPI) goals
• May process all incoming orders via fax, electronic, phone
• Work with sales, marketing, production, shipping and other operating functions regarding product, delivery or service matters
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
• May be required to perform additional duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of customer service preferably in a call center and/or manufacturing environment and 1+ years of technical experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Advanced knowledge in electrical and thermal terminology
• Advanced knowledge in manufacturing processes
• Knowledge in technical aspects of product as well as of product specifications and offerings
• Skill in researching, analyzing and making recommendations related to complex product applications
• Skill to use automated information systems to analyze the customers situation
• Skill in managing accounts
• Skill to read and interpret product drawings
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the technical strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Demonstrated ability to use product knowledge to makes excellent decisions that result in improved customer satisfaction and is looked upon by others as resource for that knowledge
• Skills in attention to detail and accuracy
• Skill in using personal computers including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook and JD Edwards etc.
• Demonstrated skill in identifying root causes of problems/issues by asking probing questions and the ability to develop recommendations for resolution
• Demonstrated skill in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment in a self directed manner
• Ability to use product knowledge to makes excellent decisions that result in improved customer satisfaction and is looked upon by others as resource for that knowledge
• Ability to complete tasks on or ahead of schedule while improving techniques on performance. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule. Does not give up on tasks until completed in a quality manner.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professional customer service manner when dealing with dissatisfied customers and demonstrate empathy for the customers situation
• Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships across functional areas and with external technicians etc.
• Ability to demonstrate an attitude that makes a positive difference, take extra efforts to improve knowledge and skills to be the best in the profession. Adheres to the highest level of professionalism by demonstrating honesty, integrity and maturity.
• Ability to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team, especially in the problem solving process. Resolve any interpersonal issues that arise that may jeopardize team successes.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization and outside the organization
• Ability to train/mentor others within area of expertise to foster cross training
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment
PENTAIR EMPLOYEE CORE VALUES:
All employees must adhere to the following core values: customer first, accountability for performance, innovation and adaptability, positive energy, respect and teamwork, absolute integrity.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.