About the Job
Do you have a strong operations background that you have acquired working for a global forwarder, especially on the ocean freight side of things?
Our Client, a fast growing NVO, is looking for an experienced International Operations Coordinator for their Minneapolis office whose main responsibility will be to:
- book containers
- request and negotiate rates with ocean carriers
- create quotes
- generate import and export documents
- track and trace shipments
- coordinate multi-leg shipments
They are interested in hiring an experienced freight forwarding professional, someone who has shown good longevity with their current or former employers, who is as comfortable negotiating rates with steamship lines and trucking companies as they are interfacing with customers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-10+ years' experience in an Ocean Freight Coordinator role with a Global Freight Forwarder ** required **
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of ocean import and export freight forwarding. Familiarity with other services (Air imports and exports, customs brokerage, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong communication skills both oral & verbal.
- Ability to strive in a high-paced environment when day-to-day priorities can change quickly.