The HVHC family is a quickly growing corporation with the opportunities you need to excel in your career. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, HVHC Inc. and its affiliates, Visionworks and Davis Vision, make up one of the largest vertically integrated optical companies in the United States and are leaders in integrated vision care solutions. At HVHC, every employee strives to create the best possible customer experience, from on-trend fashions to state-of-the-art eye care.
Join our team and be a part of our company mission to lead the industry with the most frames, the right prices, and the best people.
HVHC Inc. is currently hiring for a top notch individual to office in San Antonio, Texas for the position of Director, Training Development. The Director will be responsible for managing the day-to-day workload associated with the reconciliation and processing of vendor invoices.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the Training and Development team to include selection, training and development, coaching, counseling and performance management.
2. Work cross-functionally to plan, organize, design, develop, communicate and implement training-related programs that ensure clarity of message, define “actionable” items and outline expected business results.
3. Determine the most effective training vehicle for each training-related intervention and ensure that adult learning principles are consistently applied.
4. Facilitate the design and development of new training programs, training tools and aids.
5. Review and evaluate the effectiveness of training-related initiatives based upon business results, internal “client” feedback and/or quantitative measures such as training evaluations or knowledge/skill “tests”.
6. Review and integrate external training materials/resourced for internal use where we can leverage vendor-related support or negotiate with outside training vendors.
7. Conduct ‘train-the-trainer’ sessions for the field, Business Unit and Home Office Leadership Team on new and existing programs to ensure consistency in content/message across all markets.
· Preferred bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
Experience & Background:
- Five (5) plus years of work related experience
- Must have held a leadership position in similarly sized retail organization, multi-unit management experience, retail operations experience, basic understanding of store POS and operational procedures, familiarity with optical, healthcare and/or insurance industries, basic understanding of optical concepts, basic understanding of ABO/NCLE/State Licensing requirements/certification process and criteria
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential strongly preferred
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
HVHC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.