About the Job
Job Title: Lab Support/Equipment Technician
Job ID: 24177
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1617, Range 1
Department: Biomedical, Chemical, and Materials Engineering
About the Position
The overall purposes of this position are: Maintain all Biomedical, Chemical and Materials Engineering (BCME) Department laboratories and equipment in a safe and operational condition at all times so that teaching and research can progress unhampered, assist in the continuous development and improvement of the BCME department laboratories, including identification, purchase and installation of new equipment, and troubleshooting and repairing existing equipment, provide students with instruction on safe and appropriate use of laboratory equipment as needed, and organize and order materials and supplies needed for instruction and research in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Repairs and maintains a wide variety of instructional and research laboratory equipment, including preventive maintenance, servicing of equipment, and improvements to equipment performance and capability
· Ensures BCME lab equipment is functional and available for research and instructional purposes, including set-ups for specific lab courses.
· Trains students in the proper and safe use of equipment in BCME labs
· Orders, takes inventory, and organizes supplies and materials for the laboratories
· Assists in faculty and student projects as needed, including fabricating parts, assembling equipment, and verifying operability
· Interfaces collaboratively and effectively with other equipment technicians in the College and university
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24177.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.