ALBANY MEDICAL CENTER
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the Hematology laboratories at a major academic medical center based on patient care needs, and regulatory and quality standards. Manages a staff of approximately 30 individuals in two laboratories with extensive specialty testing in coagulation and hemostasis.
Desired Skills/Abilities: Management
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION:
1. Licensed by the New York State Education Department as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist AND meets CLIA Clinical Laboratory Personnel Requirements as a Technical Supervisor.
2. Education must come from an accredited college or university and minimally a Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, chemical, physical, or biological science is required.
1. Candidate with bachelor’s degree must have at least six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience within the designated laboratory specialty
2. Candidate with appropriate master’s degree must have at least four years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience within the designated laboratory specialty
3. Management experience required.
4. Specialty certification in Hematology desired
For immediate consideration, please apply online to Requisition #27749 at
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Albany Medical Center will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status or any other protected classification.